Ilfobrom Meets Lith
A while back I bought a batch of Ilfobrom paper online to try out with the lith developer. I bought to packages, grade 0 and grade 4. Yesterday came the day I was ready to try it!
The first print I made I had the paper upside down under the enlarger (lol) so when after 5 minutes no image showed in the developer I figured I made that mistake and ditched it. Number two developed for over 17 minutes (eek!). Number three is what you see here, developed for about 20 minutes and number four I tried the grade 4 paper which took a development of around 15 minutes. As you can imagine the already short amount of time I had in the darkroom flew by and before I knew it it was time to call it a day.
I’m not too sure how to feel about it. Obviously more tests are required but the paper feels kinda cool. Like pearl paper but much more sturdy like you would expect from FB paper. The print on grade 4 required a longer development time in my opinion and apparently I smudged it with my finger tips (never had that happen in all the years I work in the darkroom) but the proof is hard to deny 😉
Also, grade 4 looks to have a lighter streak in the middle of the image. Not sure why this happened so more tests will be required to see.
I hoped my new chemistry would arrive before Easter but unfortunately that won’t happen. I ordered, among A LOT of other things, chemistry to make a sepia bleach. Next time I try this paper I want to process it the normal way, bleach and redevelop in lith. Looking forward to what that’ll give me! On to the uber-fantastic photos 😉
Normally I wouldn’t leave the borders around the images but I thought it be cool if I showed the finger prints as well. They also fall under copyright 😉