Today I finally found the time to to test my newly purchased Falcon Eyes 928 light and to test my freshly made chemistry. Past week I managed to make some new chemistry, including a new batch of collodion, fixer, varnish and check my silver bath. The latter, thank God, being okay (that actually should read like; thank me for taking care of it 🙂 ! Specific gravity at 1.06 and acidity at 4-5 = perfect!
My exposure times were around one and a half minute with some older collodion and one light. Now, using a fresh batch and 2 lights I’m at around 25 to 30 seconds which makes me very happy. Lights were at about 1 meter and a bit of the subject. I used to have them closer before.
Anyway, I’m happy! Now all I have to do is filter the varnish and test it as it ate up my plate last time I used it, gather and clean some plates for the big workshop this Saturday and I’ll be good to go!