1st Collodion Experiment @ Home: Failed
So, we went and had blast yesterday! 3 plates and all 3 of them were very bad. The first 2 had nothing concrete on them, the last one, performed by my boyfriend, contained at least a hint of an image. My younger brother who modeled was a bit disappointed I guess…but did like to see the process.
I forgot to measure the Silver Nitrate bath. I thought several times about still having to that but when I do so I usually forget about it. Have to check that tonight. I also think we got the exposure off terribly. It’s so hard to guestimate…It’s getting winter slowly and the amount uv-light must be pretty low now, also because of our polluted-maastricht-air. I really have to practice on that. I’ll post the last image although not much is left of it, didn’t fix long enough nor rinsed long enough so the image is already fading. I plan in re-using the plate anyway so that’s why I didn’t bother.
Anyway, I won’t give up and just try to figure out what went wrong and we’ll take it from there. Measuring the silver is something that definitely needs to be done.
See you soon!